BROADEN YOUR CAREER SCOPE IN AGRICULTURE
Walter Sisulu University is proud to partner with the Land Bank Insurance Limited to bring the Black Assessor Development Program. The Programme has been designed and developed to identify and train Black agriculture economists (or equivalent) graduates in crop insurance assessment protocols to service the agriculture insurance market.
Programme outline (Click)
- Two-year programme conducted in blocks. Four blocks a year, each being two weeks long.
- Each module, which includes theory, examination and assignment submission cycle therefore runs over a period of 3 months.
- In-service training and work shadowing is part of the programme.
- Agricultural or Agronomic Degree; or
- Agriculture or Agronomic based diploma or Higher Certificate from a recognized university (Minimum NQF5).
- Applicants holding a certificate not meeting the minimum academic requirements must include a motivational letter to support their application. The motivational letter should include appropriate work experience, references, and certified copies of any other documents, awards or examples of completed works to support the application for admission.
- Click here to download the application form
- Submit curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of your identity document, certificate/s and academic records
- Submit a motivational letter, which should not exceed 250 words. Please include any educational, economic or social experiences, challenges, or opportunities relevant to the program. Discuss how you might contribute to improving the level of skills within the agricultural insurance and financing sector in South Africa and how you might serve the greater agricultural sector with your degree.
- Applications must be sent via email to email@example.com
- Closing date for applications is 23rd November 2018.
Fees – FREE
As part of Land Bank Insurance Limited’s mandate to extend participation to previously disadvantaged groups, the company will absorb all costs for programme participants.
- The programme will be at NO cost to the selected candidates.
- All learning material and electronic equipment, including laptops will be supplied to all the programme participants at NO cost.
- Programme participants will incur NO costs for accommodation and meals during study blocks.
For more information contact Ms Vanessa Majiza on 047 502 2111.