DID YOU KNOW?
- WSU is a major economic player in the region with an asset value of over R5 billion and an annual budget of over R1 billion.
- All WSU academic programmes (over 175 qualifications) are fully accredited by the Council for Higher Education.
- WSU’s engineering programmes (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical) are also accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA).
- The WSU Medical School is among the top 8 medical faculties in the world for Problem-based Community Learning. The World Health Organisation says: ”WSU has set a benchmark for universities across the world.”
- WSU is working with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) and the University of Cape Town on a project to become accredited to produce Chartered Accountants CA (SA).
- WSU produced the first cohort of BSc Clinical Associates, a new breed of healthcare professionals to boost health services in rural areas.
- The School of Journalism offers the only programme in Versatile Broadcasting in South Africa.
- WSU was the first of 9 SA universities selected to house an e-skills Knowledge Centre Network Hub launched by the Deputy Minister of the Department of Communication.
- WSU was awarded South Africa’s only research chair in Indigenous Knowledge Systems by the National Department of Science and Technology in conjunction with the National Research Foundation (NRF).
Latest announcements feed
Latest news feed
About the university
Did You Know?
Centres of excellence
Give us feedback